WEBSITES OF NOT-FOR-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS IN POINT ST. CHARLES:
- Share the Warmth – Mission: awaken hopes and dreams by overcoming hunger and poverty.
- Saint Columba House – “seeking to promote empowerment and involvement of local citizens in actions and campaigns that directly affect their lives.”
- The Pointe Saint-Charles Historical Society – Click here to learn about sharing pictures of the old Vogue Theatre in the Point to be featured in a “retrospective of Cinemas from 1898 to 1983.”
LINKS FROM POINTERS, PAST & PRESENT:
- Nora Dobson, aka Ruth of With a Closed Fist, is a professional breeder of CKC registered purebred Yorkies. Check out her website to view her “faeriepups”!
OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST:
A book called “The Point is… Grassroots Organizing Works: Women from Point St. Charles sharing stories of solidarity” has been published that looks at community organizing and it’s impact in Point St. Charles. The book aims to “share the rich traditions of grassroots organizing in Point St. Charles and to recognize its contribution to the history of Québec,” and is told through the histories of women of the Point who experienced this community organizing first hand, leaders who helped pave the way for changes in the living conditions of the Point. The book is available for $20 at:
- Community Clinic (500, Ash Street)
- St. Columba House (2365, rue Grand Trunk)
- Action-Watchdog (2390 rue de Ryde, suite 203).
- The Point library.
Are you a social service agency dedicated to helping the people of Point St. Charles?
Drop us a note here so we can promote your site!